hi there.

hello!
I keep starting a new post and then something happens and I have to stop writing and then it’s a month later and I still haven’t finished. I guess that’s how it goes when you have a super energetic 4.5 month old, right?

Four months old.

hi! I’m four months old.

Charlie looks a bit older than the last time I posted here, right? Somehow he’s turned into a little boy, and it’s so much fun. He’s super smiley, loves to laugh at his dad, and put EVERYTHING in his mouth (yay for teething). I’m back at work now, and he’s transitioned really well into our awesome daycare. It’s been a super busy time, but a really, really awesome time too. And it just keeps getting better! It’s so fun to watch him play and try new things and see the little wheels in his brain turning when he figures out that he can roll over, or grab a toy, or pull mama’s glasses off. ha.
Maternity leave was wonderful – lots of sleeping late with Charlie and going to new mom’s group and mama-baby yoga. I feel really really lucky that I had three months of vacation time saved up and was able to use it. Now it’s back to reality, and working, but that’s been okay too. There was definitely a transition from the newborn haze to the working world, but we’re doing pretty well.

365.3.117 jammie time

Jammie time!

I’ve even found some time for crafting! I joined my first ever quilting bee, and I’m SO excited about it. I’ve been sewing a lot, and this bee is going to give me a chance to try some new quilt techniques. It’s an awesomely talented group of women, and I can’t wait to sew some blocks up.
I sewed up some wet bags too, and a local baby/parenting store commissioned me to make some for them! Apparently they’ve been selling pretty well and I’m so glad. We don’t cloth diaper, but I use my wet bag for dirty disposables when we’re out and about, and I also have one for bringing my breastpump parts to and from work.

Wet bag, trial #2.

wet bag!

So, that’s what I’ve been up to – working, crafting, being a mama. What have you been up to?

Comments

1. Boffcat says

I’m not usually much of a commenter, but damn it, Charlie’s just too darned cute! Glad everyone’s doing well, and I’m in awe at how much you’re fitting in around new-parenthood – the orange Amy Butler bag looks amazing.

2. robin says

So good to see you’re back – and YEAH – he has turned into just the cutest boy!! Nice to see you again – happy family!! (been checking probably bi-weekly/hoping everything was alright!!)

3. says

I feel like we’re living parallel lives right now! I have a tomorrow-will-be-a-four-month-old and just joined my first quilting bee on Flickr too. Charlie is precious!

4. Janice in GA says

ZOMG, I am SO not a baby person usually, but your bebeh is somewhere beyond ADORABLE! And y’all all look so good and happy together!
    Congratulations again, and long life and good health to you all!

5. Melissa says

Nice to see you again! My oh my, Charlie has turned into an adorable little cutie pie!

6. says

Oh isnt he just adorable and such a happy baby too, must inherit that from you I think! Congrats on selling the wet bags – wish they had those when my 2 were babies.

7. says

Charlie is so adorable! Glad to hear that you’re enjoying life as a mom. I’m pretty much in the same boat as you (just two months ahead!), so I know exactly what you mean about life being great but busy.
    I wish I knew how to sew more than a button so I could make a super cute bag for my breast pump. I’m still using the black Medela bag it came in, but it’s gotten sprayed in milk and is getting kind of gross.

8. says

Congratulations! He is a spectacularly cute baby!!! If you could shoot me an address, I have something small for him, a book, not a handknit. You can never have too many books (or handknits…) Glad you are finding time to be creative.

9. says

I mean, you already know that I think Charlie is the cutest lil schmoo out there, but I’ll just say it again: he’s the cutest lil schmoo out there! Also–I am very impressed that you know how to sew something with that wet lining. Maybe it’s not as hard as it seems, but I am impressed, Carrie!

10. says

That’s the cutest baby boy I’ve ever seen in my whole life. What a smiler! Glad to see the family pics and know that all is well.
    There are happy happy happy times for you all. Enjoy!

11. says

Wow. That is one cute baby boy!!! So adorable.
    And since you asked, I’ve got a new giveaway and review blog, so I’ve been working on that nonstop for the last couple of weeks. It’s fun, though. Stop by if you feel like it. :)

12. says

He’s adorable, Carrie! You’re right, he already looks like a little boy. What a cute family shot, too. You all look so happy.

13. Lisa says

Wow. My daughter cried 24/7 for the first 3 months of her life and there was no way I could have started working so early. You are really great for managing a new baby AND work AND everythign else! You are awesome!

14. says

I wonder how many hearts Charlie has already broken in his 5 months on this earth. Such a cutie-pie.
    And congrats on the wet bags being stocked locally. So fun! They are super cute and very stylish!
    You are Wonder Woman! :)

15. says

Oh Carrie, he’s so cute! I’m glad your transition back to work has gone well. And you’re crafting! Congrats all around, mwah!